Charitable donations of money and time.
Thank you for considering and supporting our efforts in uniting secular humanists and promoting humanism!
Please contribute to our educational non-profit by making a tax-deductible donation to:
If you want to send check or money order, please contact our Treasurer.
Our current address will be changed in the near future:
Humanist Fellowship of San Diego, P.O. Box 12133, San Diego, Ca 92112-3133
And please consider donating:
- your time and talents,
- meeting space for lectures and gatherings,
- food and beverages for our meetings.
Contributions to our educational nonprofit are tax-deductible.
Charitable Contribution Deductions
You may deduct charitable contributions of money or property made to qualified organizations if you itemize your deductions. Generally, you may deduct up to 50 percent of your adjusted gross income, but 20 percent and 30 percent limitations apply in some cases. Tax Exempt Organization Search uses deductibility status codes to identify these limitations.
You may deduct a charitable contribution made to, or for the use of, any of the following organizations that otherwise are qualified under section 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code:
- A state or United States possession (or political subdivision thereof), or the United States or the District of Columbia, if made exclusively for public purposes;
- A community chest, corporation, trust, fund, or foundation, organized or created in the United States or its possessions, or under the laws of the United States, any state, the District of Columbia or any possession of the United States, and organized and operated exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, scientific, or literary purposes, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals;
- A church, synagogue, or other religious organization;
- A war veterans' organization or its post, auxiliary, trust, or foundation organized in the United States or its possessions;
- A nonprofit volunteer fire company;
- A civil defense organization created under federal, state, or local law (this includes unreimbursed expenses of civil defense volunteers that are directly connected with and solely attributable to their volunteer services);
- A domestic fraternal society, operating under the lodge system, but only if the contribution is to be used exclusively for charitable purposes;
- A nonprofit cemetery company if the funds are irrevocably dedicated to the perpetual care of the cemetery as a whole and not a particular lot or mausoleum crypt.
Timing of Contributions
Contributions must actually be paid in cash or other property before the close of your tax year to be deductible, whether you use the cash or accrual method.
The Humanist Fellowship of San Diego is supported by passionate volunteers.
We believe that this life is all that we have, and that whatever we do to serve others and care for our planet must be done here and now. And, by us.
What Can You Do?
- Help us manage our social media on twitter, facebook, etc. and in local online publications.
- Join the host teams at meetings, lectures, speaker engagements, etc. We always need friendly people to say hello and point the way.
- Help up making and spreading informational materials: stickers, flyers, brochures.
- We need photos of our programs and participants.
- If you have a little more time, we need help with outreach, office and accounting chores, and publicizing events in print media.