Publications by the contributing Fellows of the HFSD.
Join us for a friendly conversation! Please read the description before participating.
The theme of the Humanist Circle discussion is the book Fantasyland: How America Went Haywire: A 500-Year History, 2017, by Kurt Andersen.
It is preferable but not necessary to read it. After a short introduction, we will read citations from the book and everyone will have a chance to express their opinion on each topic.
These are the chosen quotations for a Nonfiction Talk by the Humanist Fellowship.
Fantasyland: How America Went Haywire: A 500-Year History by Kurt Andersen
For the Nonfiction Talks event: humanistfellowshipsandiego.org/blog/nonfiction-talks-fantasyland-by-kurt-andersen
I finally approved us for Google benefits for nonprofits, and I am in the process of starting using them, one by one.
The first I've chosen is the ads via AdWords on Google search engine in the coastal part of San Diego County.
This is worth abot $300 a month in advertisement.
We are in the process to be approved for a permanent website hosting with special nonprofit privileges under an additional search-engine-friendly domain name humanistfellowshipsandiego.org to establish proper email addresses and event management systems. Articles from this blog will be forwarded there in the future.
Today one member left HFSD for political reasons. My response as a president was:
Dear HFSD Members and Supporters,
May I ask for a few minutes of your time to answer these 10 questions, or only 7 if you say "No" to the first. Your information will be used for internal planning and optionally online to describe HFSD (e.g. website).
- Would you like your name to be publicly associated with HFSD?
- Your full name as you want it to be presented online or to be known among our members.
- Your current email address (not for publishing).
- Would you be willing to support us in the future and how?
- On average, how many hours per month would you be willing to contribute, if any?
- What type of contribution would be the most enjoyable and the easiest for you?
- Suggest other people and groups whose information we should request, or who might have files related to our history, or please forward these questions to them.
- Description of you personally for publication, possibly including your interests, profession, activities, credo, vision, upbringing, philosophy, etc.
- Your past contributions to the secular community of San Diego, all forms, preferably with dates (years).
- Please send your response and attach a photograph of you for publication:
The Humanist Fellowship of San Diego, President
We have 388 guests and no members online